- For our client, a leading international oil & gas organisation, we are searching for an experienced and qualified Senior Project Manager to be based on site in South Africa.
- Responsibilities include the full project management scope ranging from project cradle to grave including all reviews, handover, coordination, reporting and stakeholder liaison on the full suite of project matters.
Functional responsibilities :
- Identify and communicate the objectives for the project team in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and corporate policy.
- Communicate these objectives to the project team, Departmental Managers, and Client.
- Organise the project team in consultation with Departmental Managers and agree the assignment of all key personnel.
- Motivate the project team towards the determined objectives, by generating enthusiasm for the project, and by maintaining continued personal interest in achieving set targets.
- Achieve scheduled performance, cost, quality, health, safety and environmental requirements of the project from contract award to Client’s acceptance.
- Ensure that designated systems are adopted by the project team as soon as possible, after contract award.
- Negotiate all contract changes with the Client.
- Act as primary contact and maintain satisfactory relations with the Client.
- Ensure that the requirements of secrecy agreements are strictly observed.
- For Project Directors and Senior Project Managers only, deputise when requested for the Manager Operations.
- Be familiar with the current application of computer systems to company’s business and endeavour to optimise their use and development within the project / department budget, both to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information.
- To ensure that the company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policy is implemented and understood by all supervised staff.
- Where a Project Executive is assigned to a project, the Project Director / Manager shall report to the Project Executive. This is in no way reduces the single point responsibility of the Project Director / Manager for the successful execution of the project.
- Lead and support assigned proposals. This includes developing in conjunction with proposals the execution strategy.
- Present execution plans at proposal review stage.
Required experience and qualifications :
- BSc, BEng or BTech (Engineering) with minimum 10 years relevant experience.
- Contracts experience.
- Experience gained from execution of projects in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sector of the industry and understanding key drivers for delivery of successful project execution.
- Experience gained from international projects (involving overseas travel).
- Cultural awareness and diplomacy.