- Publié le: 30-06-2021
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 288211
The Company :
For our client, a well-known organisation with a global footprint and recent record production numbers, we are looking for a Senior Safety Project Manager. This is a real opportunity to get on board with a well-established company offering numerous career opportunities.
You will be based at their head office in a European capital and will spend 80 to 90% of your time travelling on site around the World. Reporting to the Group Safety and Prevention VP, you will hold a key role in the current and future success of the company’s mining operations.
You will represent the Groupe Safety and Prevention department on site, and you will be a guarantor of safety processes. In this role, you will support and guide safety teams to :
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues, and statistics.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Having at least 10 years of experience.
- Have held a similar position in a mid-size mining company.
- Proven experience implementing and enforcing health and safety policies.
- Good knowledge of the mining industry.
- Sc. Or Master’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related discipline.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members.
- Fluency in French is mandatory with proficiency in English.
- Good communication with strong influential skills.
- Resilient, flexible and a hard-working team-player with high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- A strong enthusiasm for travel ! You will spend 80 to 90% of your time traveling.