- Publié le: 2022-06-18
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 320816
For our client, a leading international mining organisation in West Africa, we are searching for a Shift Supervisor Mining with depth and demonstrated experience in the coordination of daily operations during shifts for their various mining operations. Using their expertise, they will ensure a high productivity rate in difficult underground working experiences.
Functional responsibilities :
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of shift workers and equipment usage at an underground mine site.
- Ensure all workers on shift are trained and competent to always perform their duties safely and productively.
- Training of National Supervisors and workforce to a high standard.
- Ensure targets are met.
- Organize crews, rosters and day-to-day running of that site.
- Conduct daily work planning meetings / toolbox meetings.
- Submit incident reports in writing to the Site Manager.
- Carry out crew training, practical assessments and review each employee’s development, mentoring and performance.
- Must always set high standards and always do processes the right way no matter the difficulty of task.
- Expected to present yourself and, by association, the company in a respectful and considerate manner that is aligned to company principles.
- Will be required to impart knowledge and skill onto local workforce that has a positive effect on local communities.
- Engage in cultural awareness activities and training to help with your interactions with the local employees and communities.
- Must be patient, understanding and behave as an appreciative guest in the country you are engaged for.
- Must be resilient and able to work through challenging situations.
- Ensure maintenance and regulation of all persons under your charge.
- Provide and maintain a mine environment that is safe and without inordinate risk to the health of employees within your area of responsibility.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a high-speed development mechanized mine.
- Strong background working with underground mining equipment.
- WA Underground Shift Supervisors’ Certificate of Competency of equivalent.
- High level of understanding of drilling and blasting techniques.
- High level of understanding of both equipment and human resource capability and productivities.
- High level of understanding of mine plans.
- Expatriate experience ideal.