- Type de contrat: CDIC , Freelance
- Durée (Cdd, etc.): 12 mois et plus
- Fonction: Achats-Logistique-Contrats
- Secteur: Minerais - Minéraux - Sidérurgie
- Expérience requise: 10 à 15 ans
- Prise de poste: Dès que possible
- Région: #Afrique
- ID Annonce: 199473
- Publié le: 27-11-2019
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 199473
- For our client, a leading international mining organisation in West Africa, we are looking for an experienced and qualified Site Contracts Manager.
- Reporting to the Site Manager, the Site Contracts Manager is responsible for the overall management of the commercial and legal aspects of all construction contracts and purchase orders consistent with project objectives, procedures, and contract terms and conditions, and provides direction and support to the Contract management team.
Functional responsibilities :
- Responsible for reviewing contract and commercial terms and arrangements of the prime contract with Client, and JV agreements and ensures that the Site Management team is aware of contractual and legal obligations to Client, and risks being undertaken.
- Provides guidance to project on all commercial and contractual activities, and support the Site Management team to mitigate risks and achieve project objectives.
- Develops a database of qualified local, regional, and corporate suppliers and subcontractors, with performance history.
- Provides leadership in the development of comprehensive negotiation plans, prior to engaging potential contractors or suppliers.
- Oversees the development of request for proposal/quotation packages for construction activities, services, and material and equipment supply.
- Ensures the terms of the prime contract are passed through to the applicable construction contracts.
- Leads contract negotiations. Evaluates responses, finalizes terms and pricing. Establishes the means and mechanisms for effective post award contract management.
- Develops a wide variety of service and supply contract policies and procedures and other tools required for effective contract management.
- Interfaces with legal, finance, and insurance to ensure compliance with company and project directives.
- Ensures that company, client, contractors and suppliers perform within the obligations as set out in contract documents.
- Participates in site contract procurement (i.e. solicit/select/award).
- Issues the reporting of kick-off meetings with contractors.
- Monitors the contract administration activities to ensure compliance with contract terms and applicable regulations in a cost-effective, timely and responsive manner.
- Prepares the contract status, and progress reports of each contract,
- Monitors review of contractor invoices, and progress curves used for invoicing to ensure compliance of contract terms and accuracy of charges.
- Manages and supervises the filing of contract documents and all related correspondence, and the administration of amendments.
- Studies and verifies all justifications provided by contractors for extra work orders or claims requested.
- Informs the Site Manager, Construction Manager, and Site Project Controls Manager of any actions, facts, or decisions which could be the basis for potential contractor claims.
- Advises the response to be issued to contractors upon receipt of claim related correspondence, follows up on contractor claims, and prepares claim defence strategies and documentation.
- Prepares notice of default to contractors, and liquidated damages assessments as necessary for Site Manager approval.
- Updates the Site Manager as directed on the status of agreements and facilitates requests as required.
- Liaises with the Construction Manager, Field Engineering Manager, and Site QA/QC Manager, to verify contractor’s completion of work, ensure contractor non-conformances are addressed and corrected, and ensure effective and timely closeout of contracts once completed.
Required experience and qualifications :
- A Degree in Business, Engineering, Law, or scientific discipline with 10 years experience in setting up and administering service contracts.
- Experience in management capacity.
- Ability to maintain and ensure compliance with project/program policies and procedures consistent with the terms of the contract, applicable regulations and firm policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration, home office and field procedures and documents relating to a multi-discipline construction project.
- Thorough experience in contract formulation, negotiation, and negotiating strategies.
- Proven success in setting up effective and efficient service contracts and in overcoming complex supply challenges.
- Good knowledge of current engineering/construction industry contracting practices and trends.
- Technical and administrative knowledge of all phases of Fixed Price, Unit Price, and Cost Reimbursible contract management.
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic.
- Exceptional problem solving skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage, support and motivate contract team members.
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
Organisation: Job AlternativeAnnonces de Fabien Perez