- Publié le: 2023-09-11
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 341372
- For our client, a leading international mining organisation in West Africa, we are searching for an experienced and qualified Site Progress Controller based on site.
- Reporting to the Site Project Controls Manager, the Site Progress Controller is responsible to prepare and maintain the Construction Progress Monitoring System (CPMS), and for the overall monitoring, control, and maintaining of the Project and master construction schedules, progress monitoring and trending.
Functional responsibilities :
- Maintains a constant follow-up of project planning (Level 2) for design, material delivery, and construction progress, and identifies any trends that require schedule control.
- Implements a monitoring system to accurately follow progress and performance of contractors, and eliminate interferences amongst contractors.
- Coordinates with Field Engineering, Site Procurement, and Site Expeditors to confirm deliverables and updated schedules, and track progress on all activities that may affect construction progress.
- Informs the Site Project Controls Manager and Site Manager of any trends requiring schedule control and suggests activity analysis to improve progress or performance for selected work tasks.
- Develops the Construction portion of the Project Level 2 CPM Schedule based on activities, units, contracts strategy, (master construction schedule) and defines a construction milestones program.
- Prepares all schedule and progress input data needed for the Site Monthly Progress report and submits to the Site Manager for approval and signature.
- Develops, with the contractors, the Level 3 and detailed construction schedules.
- Reviews and approves contractor schedules for conformance to the construction and master schedule.
- Prepares and maintains the Construction Progress Monitoring System (CPMS) considering (by Contract and/or Trade/Discipline) the status and quantities of work to be performed and the resources needed to achieve targeted performances.
- Expedites and reviews contractor’s three week look ahead schedules, and examines contractors’ resources related to planned progress and suggests adjustments if necessary.
- Monitors the evolution (schedules/progress), anticipating trends or possible deviations in order to quantify their impact on the overall schedule.
- Provides status and quantities of work performed and maintains manpower forecast, progress curves and histograms.
- Attends coordination meetings with contractors in view of managing the coordination of contractor mobilisation, access to work areas and demobilisation dates.
- Generates reports depicting progress comparisons, manpower, productivity comparisons and establishes necessary schedule revisions and any changes of construction logic.
- Keeps the site construction team informed of any schedule changes and trends.
- Assists the Construction Manager and Discipline Supervisors/Coordinators in all scheduling and progress issues, and plans/strategies to mitigate schedule impacts and advance work where possible.
- Maintains a constant follow up of the schedule to ensure progress as previously planned.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Management with applicable post-graduate qualifications.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years direct planning/scheduling experience in large or mid size projects in a range of industries related to the anticipated role.
- Experience in project planning, shutdown planning, and brown field site planning.
- Good understanding of all engineering, procurement, construction and fabrication disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge of project or construction management with an emphasis on identifying and correcting scope, schedule, budget, and change management issues.
- Proficiency and experience with planning software (Primavera P3 and MS Project).
- Collaborative and solution oriented approach to strategic planning.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player and comfortable working in a fast paced environment.