- Publié le: 15-02-2018
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 31954
Job Description :
A well-known International Company, is currently searching for an experienced Production Maintenance Superintendent to oversee the Production Maintenance Department of their facility and field. As well as to maintain the assets in a safe and reliable manner to meet the requirements of the production group.
The maintenance activities will be associated to the support services for the following ; facility oil production equipment, water disposal, field surface equipment, mobile equipment, camps and buildings and light vehicles. The maintenance crew is comprised of a planner, mechanics, electricians, instrumentation, welding, carpentry, air conditioning and cleaning staff for these assets. They are to plan and coordinate the work that may be deemed necessary in order that the equipment operates in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner. This position is also responsible for coordinating contractors activities when new construction or repairs are taking place.
- Production Maintenance Superintendent is required to have the necessary skill set to direct and supervise this multi-disciplined maintenance crew. Oversee the activities of approximately 20 Cuban national positions.
- Conduct daily morning meeting to coordinate maintenance and chair maintenance planning and organizational meetings
- Be able to provide recommendations on improving the operation based upon the maintenance program and inspections that have been completed.
- This position requires the successful candidate to have knowledge of a Maintenance Management System like Cendec Core for ordering materials, initiating and completing work orders and managing the resources so the maintenance activities are conducted in an orderly manner.
- Must have a good understanding of the requirements of maintaining a safe work environment in respect of hazard analysis, supervisors interactions and inspections, safe work permit system, and other relevant practices associated to sustainability.
- Coordinate the development and training of the maintenance crew to ensure compliance to certification with the assistance of the EHS and Training Coordinator and Manager.
- Knowledge of the applicable codes and qualifications of individuals to carry out the various maintenance tasks.
- Interact with consultants and contractors to ensure safe and efficient maintenance and operation.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- An undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum 5 years supervisory experience or a technically qualified individual with 12 years of supervisory experience.
- Gas processing, gas/steam turbine power generation experience ; strong operating background
- Requires a valid driver license, H2S, WHMIS, First Aid, CPR
- A good comprehensive understanding of all of the maintenance trades, such as welder, electrician, mechanic, plumber, and carpenter in order to assess problem areas and take corrective action.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance as well as raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques.
- Ability to speak and write in English is required and verbal communication in Spanish would also be an asset
- Experienced in the conflict management and management of personnel including the ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying training needs and developing staff.
- Knowledge of a maintenance management system is essential for planning and securing of proper inventory for day to day operations and planned maintenance.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment, must also be prepared to accept different approaches to discipline as dictated by the culture and local laws.
Benefits and Contractual information :
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.