- Type de contrat: CDIC
- Fonction: Ingénierie-Méthodes
- Secteur: Minerais - Minéraux - Sidérurgie
- Expérience requise: + de 15 ans
- Prise de poste: Dès que possible
- Région: #Amérique
- ID Annonce: 49821
- Publié le: 12-11-2021
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 49821
The Company :
- Our client is one of the largest gold mining companies in the world, focused on sustainability and safety.
- They are looking for a Technical Services Manager for their mines in South America.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the management of mine technical services department that comprises of long, medium and short term mine planning, exploration, geology, survey, equipment management system and drill & blast design.
- Ensure sufficient and adequate data is collected to allow development of Geological Resource, reserve and grade control models.
- Oversee Geotechnical, hydrogeological and hydrological studies are undertaken that gather sufficient and adequate data.
- Mine designs (pits, dumps, roads, infrastructure, ground and storm water management systems).
- Short, medium and long term schedules to meet strategic and tactical objectives whilst optimizing use of equipment resources.
- Oversee optimization of drill and blast design parameters
- Ensure Surveying is carried out to mark out designs and any other information that Operations require.
- Development and use of dispatch systems (communications, hardware and software) which provides an effective and efficient tool for Operations to use and that allows regular and ad-hoc reports to be generated to meet agreed requirements.
- Investigate any deviations in the field from expected outcomes, undertake as to the causes, and where appropriate make changes to design parameters.
- Ensure deliverables comply with agreed standards, are timely produced and communicated effectively.
- Provide leadership to ensure Technical Services Department engage and work collaboratively with all and any other stakeholders, and design proper communication protocols to provide the framework for doing so.
- Accountable for effective management of the specific MOS elements.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- Sc. in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum 15 years in the mining industry specifically large open pit or underground metalliferous mines of which 5 years should be at a similar management position.
- Strong overall background in mine planning.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead teams of highly skilled and experienced staff having diverse cultural backgrounds
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to improve a department’s safety awareness.
- Able to analyse mining data towards driving continuous improvement.
- Experience in managing department costs and budgeting
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Have a digital mindset.
Benefits and Contractual information :
The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Organisation: O.G. ProductionAnnonces de O.G. Production