- Publié le: 21-06-2022
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 92111
- Our client is an international oil and gas company seeking an experienced and qualified Technical Superintendent for his existing operations in Nigeria.
- Maintain vessels in safe and smooth operation, minimize downtime and ensure vessels are in excellent condition.
- Plan and coordinate Statutory Surveys by checking with Classification Society, monitor expiry dates of vessels’ trading certificates.
- Liaise with Marketing/ Operations Departments for vessels’ schedules. Check and liaise with contractors, makers, agents and ship staffs for repair works.
- Analyze and plan financial year budget for stores/ spares/provision/ repairs/ surveys of each vessel under charge.
- Approve supplies of ships stores, spares and provisions, and monitor deliveries.
- Close monitoring of daily operations and coordination with vessel to render necessary assistance.
- Ensure maintenance work is properly planned and carried out by competent ship crews and make regular ship visits.
- Ensure all class and relevant trading certificates are valid at all times.
- Establish and maintain good relationship with relevant parties, officers and surveyors.
- Ensure payment of Vendors are processed timely.
- Administrative tasks such as proper documentation of relevant documents, Trading & Statutory Certificates, Maintenance Records, doing-up Docking Reports, etc.
- Writing-up Dry-dock specifications, Costing for dry-dock/repair works, Microsoft Project application for Project Planning execution, etc.
Requirements – Qualification and Skill :
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum Diploma in Maritime Studies / Marine Engineering and above or equivalent.
- COC Class 2 Marine Engineer (Unlimited) or equivalent preferred.
- Relevant experience on board AHT / DSV / Pipe-Lay Barges / Crane-Work-Barges / FPSO / FSO or other Special Purpose Vessels as Chief Engineer, Second Engineer or Technical Superintendent.
- Management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ship’s system, flag state and classification requirements, machinery working principles, ship repairs, steel works, piping, electrical/electronic .items, basic naval architecture, ship operations and safety training.
- Knowledge of offshore Oil and Gas industry and dry docking repairs is an advantage.