- Publié le: 2019-10-08
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 192721
- For our client, a leading international mining organisation in West Africa, we are searching for an experienced and qualified Wharf Construction Supervisor.
- The incumbent will represent the Project Engineer on site providing technical support to the construction team to ensure that the design intent is met, and perform as required engineering design activities related to the site engineering aspects of the project in the discipline of responsibility.
Functional responsibilities :
- Provides technical interpretations of design documents for the responsible area or discipline in support of Construction Managers, Discipline Supervisors/Coordinators and contractors and provides specific expertise and problem solving for technical, non-conforming, and construction related issues.
- Often performs constructability assignments in the home office, as required, and reviews contract drawings for completeness and constructability.
- Prepares installation specifications including installation details where required.
- Reviews and ensures implementation of construction procedures.
- Reviews contractor schedules and participate in Work Plan development.
- Assists in the coordination of contractor activities with the work of others.
- Ensures the contractor is provided with EPCM furnished materials as specified, and provides material expediting support as required to support the field erection program.
- Initiates requisitions for field purchases, reviews contractor requests for material substitutions and issues recommendations/requisitions to the Field Engineering Manager for approval.
- Ensures contractor supplied material complies with project specifications and requirements, and materials and equipment are properly stored and protected prior to incorporating into the work.
- Assists in Quality Control and ensures the Contract Quality Plan is being followed, attending to all verification matters as specified by the contract.
- Checks, logs, and processes vendor and contractor shop drawings and ensures contractor deliverables are submitted in accordance with contract requirements, and entered into workShare.
- Reviews and approves the contractors Temporary Facilities Plan, reviews designs and supervises construction of temporary construction facilities and supports.
- Undertakes periodic audits of contractor documentation to ensure as-required project execution documentation is being developed and is up-to-date. Ensures the contractor is in possession of the latest revision of EPCM generated documentation and the latest revision is being followed.
- Monitors and inspects construction operations to ensure compliance with design documents.
- Manages site survey as well as provides horizontal and vertical control, as applicable to the discipline.
- Ensures contractors comply with project health, safety and environmental policies and jobsite rules.
- Attends weekly progress meetings with the contractor.
- Prepares and conducts the training of assigned engineers as per project specifications.
- Maintains liaison with the design engineers to schedule and coordinate the release of construction design documents in support of the construction schedule.
- Prepare reports as required to include daily tangible quantity reports, progress reports, studies, estimates, material take-offs, field design and sketches.
- Reports work activities in a site diary in his area of responsibility. Verifies daily installed/erected quantities in assigned areas and marks up drawings showing progress to date.
- Assists with testing and commissioning of equipment and systems and coordinates system completion and system turn-over with regard to start-up activities for assigned discipline/systems, if required.
- Compiles maintenance manuals and coordinates submissions from vendors and contractors as required for the discipline of responsibility.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Engineering Degree or equivalent technical project experience.
- 7 to 10 years project experience. Previous field engineering experience on large multi-disciplined projects. Brownfield construction experience.
- A broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and of principles and practices of related technical areas.
- Good knowledge of construction methodologies, testing and commissioning procedures related to the discipline of responsibility.
- A current knowledge of industry or regulatory standards and study criteria pertinent to the responsible discipline.
- Knowledge and understanding of inter-discipline dependencies.
- Knowledge of administrative practices, drawing production, and document control methodologies.
- Good safety awareness.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.