- Publié le: 2024-02-06
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 347310
- For one of our mining projects located in West Africa, we are looking for an experienced and qualified Construction Project Manager.
- As a Construction project manager you will be responsible for helping to keep projects on a realistic timescale and budget. This involves selecting and leading a project team and ensuring you are aware of all details so you can keep a client up to date.
Functional responsibilities :
- Understanding what the client or company wants to achieve.
- Agreeing timescales, costs and resources needed to deliver a project.
- Drawing up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of a project.
- Selecting and leading a project team.
- Negotiating with contractors and suppliers.
- Directing a multi-disciplinary team.
- Communicating with staff at every level, in a calm, personable way.
- Overseeing several projects at the same time.
- Ensuring that each stage of the project happens on time, on budget and to a high standard.
- Reporting regularly on progress to the client and stakeholders.
- Coordinating market and customer research.
- Resolving any issues or delays.
- Demonstrating knowledge of all areas of construction.
- Writing bids for tender.
- Managing several projects simultaneously with the support of junior project managers.
- Working in an office or on a construction site.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Major international projects experience, especially in the construction of large mining projects, in Africa is preferred.
- Direct work experience in multinational companies, projects or operations in a practical hands-on role and influence key stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to communicate effectively and influence others.
- A good administrator with the ability to capture and present the facts in a succinct and cohesive manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively work across multiple functions, understand and anticipate stakeholder needs and be able to collaborate and develop effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate a high proficiency in the use of MS Office products Word, Excel and MS Project.