- Publié le: 2020-01-16
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 13010
Job Description :
Our client is looking for lead and work hands on with purchasing, logistics and expediting to ensure on time delivery of materials and equipment of the right quality to customers at the best possible total cost to the company, and adhering to corporate standards and requirements in all processes.
- Provide leadership to the Purchasing/Logistics and expediting team to ensure KPIs and other targets are met.
- Assist direct reports in achieving their full potential by gaining new skills through effective mentoring.
- Liaise with user departments in regards to material requirements and major shutdowns. Coordinate and monitor the purchase and delivery of materials through to completion.
- Work in conjunction with Inventory and Warehouse Supervision to ensure there are no stock outs or any financial loss to the company due to quality or supply problems.
- Assist in auditing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with statutory and Group requirements to do with Materials Purchasing and Transportation and delivery.
- Actively participate in and occasionally lead safety meetings and discussions.
- Assist in the development of local suppliers and source quality goods and service providers globally as required.
- Identify potential savings opportunities and take appropriate action. Explore these ideas and complete a feasibility study for potential cost savings.
- Continually review every aspect of the areas’ activities to ensure that opportunities to add value and enhance shareholder wealth are identified and brought forward for review.
- Daily and month end reporting to the procurement / supply chain manager
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal customers and external suppliers.
- Bachelors in Logistics or similar degree
- More than 10 years logistics experience with at least 5 years at a supervisor level in the mining industry.
- Good understanding of heavy duty machines, construction or manufacturing exposure
- Experience in managing costs and budgeting