- Type de contrat: CDIC , Freelance
- Durée (Cdd, etc.): 12 mois et plus
- Fonction: Ingénierie-Méthodes
- Secteur: Minerais - Minéraux - Sidérurgie
- Expérience requise: 6 à 9 ans
- Prise de poste: Dès que possible
- Région: #Afrique
- ID Annonce: 194786
- Publié le: 16-10-2019
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 194786
- For our client, a leading international mining organisation in West Africa, we are searching for a Geologist Manager with fluency in French and English.
- The Geologist Manager will be in charge of a range of projects in mining whilst focusing on conservation and the environment.
Functional responsibilities :
- Analyze, assess and evaluate potential acquisition targets and mineral deposits from a geological, mining, environmental and social perspective.
- Managing the day to day operations of the geologists and geology departments.
- Providing leadership and direction to the geology teams.
- Formulating the policies and procedures for the geologist department.
- Managing the mapping drill cores and rock cuttings, and investigating the results.
- Overseeing and managing the geologists to ensure that minerals are extracted from mines, pits and quarries in such a way that maximum profit is obtained with as little damage to the environment as possible.
- Ensure all team members are fully trained and implement training and development if and when needed.
- To work closely with the drill and blast engineers to determine the best way to blast all of the rock out of the pit floor.
- Ensure compliance with environmental policies and company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with potential clients or partners of the company, and represent the company in front of government authorities or organisations.
Required experience and qualifications :
- Post graduate degree in geology.
- At least 8–10 years’ experience in mineral exploration.
- Previous African expatriate experience.
- Experience in various exploration management activities i.e. geological mapping, pitting, trenching, drilling, bulk sampling, etc.
- Exposure to GIS and modelling software i.e. ArcGIS, MapInfo, Surpac, etc.
- Self-supervision and ability to work with and manage a small team to get the job done.
- Willingness to live and work in remote/challenging locations.
- Flexibility and a willingness to engage in, and lead company cultural values.
- Good management, communication and leadership skills.
- Bilingual in French & English.
Organisation: Job AlternativeAnnonces de Fabien Perez