System Analyst – New Caledonia
- For our client, a leading mining organisation, we are looking for a System Analyst Electronic Document Management based in New Caledonia. This company is a highly successful international business who are currently expanding their operations rapidly.
- This position, System Analyst, has 2 primary functions applicable to the Build phase and the Operational phase of the process plant and mine. The scope of responsibility is related to all Electronic Document Management.
Functional responsibilities :
- Gain a sound understanding of project document management processes, work flows, and document classifications. This will involve working with the various project teams at all levels. Business Process documents and system requirement specifications will be used to capture this information.
- Gain a sound understanding of operational document/drawing/data requirements. This will be achieved in collaboration with the Quality Analyst.
- Assist with the definition and implementation of processes to achieve the requirement of timely document/drawings transfers from the project to operations.
- Assist in designing and deploying the software applications that will be used to manage the operational documents, drawing, and data.
- Work closely with the business to monitor the effectiveness of the implemented document/drawings transfer procedures. Identify and rectify any issues or inefficiencies.
- Identify and coordinate delivery of IT training to personnel involved with the document/drawings transfer procedures.
- Assess impact of the IT solution on other functional areas. Collaborate with other Business Analysts to deliver a stream-lined solution.
- Identify the need for new IT services and/or equipment to the business function. Coordinate the provision of these services and/or equipment.
- Assist to develop business cases for each proposed system and/or enhancement.
- Be the IT focal point for the customers IT issues and needs.
- Manage impact of information systems change on the business.
- Assist QA department to continually working towards improved alignment between the IT systems/services, business and capital project.
- Act as the IT liaison with the customers to enable effective communication.
- Identify issues affecting solution & service delivery .
- Coordinate IT work requests on behalf of the business or capital project applicable to the document/drawings transfer procedures and technology.
- Assist QA department to continually ensure that solutions are aligned with business needs .
- Assist QA department with business function with the development of business cases for new requirements.
- Promote compliance with company-wide and local IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Act as the prime contact with the QA department for IT.
Required experience and qualifications :
- University degree in Information Systems and Technology.
- Experience and knowledge with EPCM capital projects.
- 2 to 5 years experience in EPCM project and mine operations.
- Technical IT background in various business document/drawing management systems.
- Experience assessing the data flow requirements between a capital project and an operational plant/mine.
- Achievement motivation : focussed on delivering business value.
- Adaptability : able to shift focus quickly.
- Conceptual thinking : able to clarify complex data and situations.
- Customer focus : Attentive to customer needs.
- Innovative thinking : able to think laterally to identify new solutions.
- Strategic business sense : able to think in strategic terms when evaluating own actions.
- Fluency in French & English.