- Type de contrat: CDIC , Freelance
- Durée (Cdd, etc.): 12 mois et plus
- Fonction: Hygiène-Sécurité-Environnement
- Secteur: Minerais - Minéraux - Sidérurgie
- Expérience requise: 10 à 15 ans
- Prise de poste: Dès que possible
- Région: #Afrique
- ID Annonce: 166727
- Publié le: 28-08-2019
- © Job Alternative
- ID Annonce: 166727
- For our client, an international mining company, we are searching for an experienced and qualified HSEC Manager with fluency in English/French for a large mine site located in West Africa.
- The person will lead a large team and will be responsible for ensuring effective and sustainable HSEC management systems are implemented and maintained.
Functional responsibilities :
- Create, maintain and enhance an effective HSEC Program while providing leadership, guidance and technical support for all HSEC issues.
- Implement corporate HSEC standards and internal Environmental & Social Management Plan.
- Ensure compliance with legislated standards and regulations.
- Lead negotiations and implementation of IFC Performance Standards and Lenders requirements in accordance with all ESIA, Resettlement Action Plan, Stakeholder Management Plan, Biodiversity Management Plan, etc.
- Ensure that effective & sustainable HSEC risk management policies and strategies are implemented and maintained.
- Manage relations and reporting with the Board of VPs, directors, senior management and internal staff as well as Government, Stakeholder, Community relationships.
- Implement initiatives to enhance a sustainable safety culture ; develop safety incentive programs.
- Establish and maintain emergency response plans.
- Conduct regular HSEC meetings with management at all levels and HSEC personnel.
- Assess and report on achievements of HSEC key performance indicators.
Required experience and qualifications :
- A tertiary Qualification in a Health and Safety Sciences, or equivalent.
- 10 years working experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in Africa preferably in the mining industry.
- Practical knowledge of IFC standards and their implementation.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and OSHA 18001 standards.
- A successful track record of implementing and improving HSEC performance to world-class levels.
- Knowledge of safety training and implementation of safety training programs.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills ; strong report writing, presentation and computer skills.
- Strong, practical, hands-on experience.
- Fluent English and French – written and spoken.
Organisation: Job AlternativeAnnonces de Fabien Perez